The Parish School Vision Statement
Faithful to our Catholic values, we sustain an evolving school-wide learning environment that inspires each Learner to achieve his or her God-given potential inside and outside the classroom.
Always learning, our graduates are confident and compassionate young men and women who will make a difference.
The Parish School Mission Statement
The Parish School at St. Edward the Confessor Catholic Church,a preschool through eighth grade school within the Diocese of Orange, shares in the mission of the Roman Catholic Church to live the Gospel message by building Catholic identity through a Sacramental life of service to God, family, parish and community.
Working together with parents, we are dedicated to develop faith formation, academic excellence and digital citizenship. We strive to help our learners grow spiritually, intellectually, socially and emotionally within a Christ-centered environment.
The Parish School Philosophy Statement
As a ministry of St. Edward the Confessor Catholic Church, The Parish School is dedicated to the academic development, spiritual formation, and social awareness of the needs of others. In partnership with parents, our instructional community is called to:
• Faithfully teach Catholic doctrine and nurture in our learners an eternal love of the Catholic faith through participation in religious instruction and stewardship.
• Fulfill the unique academic needs of each individual learner through innovative instructional methodologies, learner-centered classroom practices, and authentically varied assessments that encourage and enable learners to meet their fullest potential.
• Prepare our learners to meet the academic, spiritual, and moral challenges of the future by providing opportunities to develop Catholic values and the skills of critical thinking that will be a basis for future decision-making, growth, and development.
• Provide a safe learning environment where each learner can understand his or her unique gifts, talents, and areas of growth.
• Foster an appreciation and understanding within each learner of the rights and differences of others.
• Provide a variety of learning opportunities extra-curricular, co-curricular, and cross-curricular activities to expose and encourage learners to explore diverse areas of personal interest and fulfillment.