Washington D.C./Adventure Week
Historic East Coast Experience 2020
Our Class of 2020 has the option of participating in the Historic East Coast Experience where we will travel to Colonial Williamsburg, Washington, D.C., Gettysburg, Philadelphia, and New York City Registration for the Historic East Coast Experience is available now at www.schooltoursofamerica.com or by phone at (866) 543-9625. Our trip number is 9259.
Our trip will feature visits to five cities: Williamsburg, VA; Washington DC; Gettysburg, PA; Philadelphia, PA; and New York, NY. We will depart on Friday, May 1st through Friday, May 8, 2020.
We will be taking four parent chaperones with us (two on the boy bus and two on the girl bus) and these parents will be drawn from a hat at Back to School Night in September. Eligibility for this trip requires fingerprinting and safe environment clearance. Parents who wish to be considered as a chaperone should contact Mrs. Donna Rafael via email (email@example.com) as soon as possible. We will be drawing names for the chaperones at Back to School Night. Please note that parent chaperones are required to pay in full for the Historic East Coast Travel Experience.
Our Travel Program and Itinerary will include the following:
- Round Air from LAX
- Transfer Bus from school to LAX and back to school
- Ground Transportation to and from all included sites
- Quality Hotel Accommodations in City Center (DC, Philadelphia, and NY)
- Quad occupancy (Double Occupancy available for Supplement)
- All Meals including those on our two travel days
- All admission fees, sightseeing, and evening activities: Ghost Tour, Williamsburg Study Visit, Governors Palace, Jamestown, Tavern Dinner, Ford’s Theatre, Mt. Vernon, Gettysburg, Historic Philadelphia, 1 Premium Broadway Show, Statue of Liberty Ferry trip, Ellis Island, Empire State Building/Top of the Rock, and Group Photo
- All Gratuities, name tags, wristbands
- Licensed, professional tour guides
- Security Personnel who remain in the hallways all night on floors
- Fully-staffed Washington DC and New York City offices staffed 24 hours a day
- Doctors available 24 hours a day
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance for each participant
NOTE: Package excludes baggage fees imposed by the airlines and souvenirs.
Adventure Week 2020
We will be offering a concurrent experience to the Historic East Coast Experience for those learners who wish to stay local. Adventure Week 2020 will run from Monday, May 4th through Friday, May 8th, 2020 and will include five one-day, local excursions via chartered motor coach:
- USS Midway Naval Museum in San Diego, CA http://www.midway.org/
- Independence Hall at Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park, CA
Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum, Yorba Linda, CAhttps://www.nixonlibrary.gov/
- Riley’s Farm Civil War Reenactment in Oak Glen, CA
- Whale Watching Experience through the Ocean Institute in Dana Point
The cost of this week will be approximately $400. We will also need two eligible parent chaperones to accompany the group each day. Eligibility for this trip requires fingerprinting and safe environment clearance. If you wish to be considered as a chaperone for this field experience please contact Michelle Brummer via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)