STREAM STORE - EARN TICKETS BY DOING THESE FUN STREAM ACTIVITES
New This Year! In addition to submitting a STREAM project for our learner contest, we also are hosting a STREAM Store where students of all ages can participate in pre-STREAM Night activities and earn tickets that can be redeemed at STREAM night for fun prizes. Nature is very powerful and humans can learn things from bugs, animals’, plants and nature’s elements. How can we learn from the superpowers of God’s creations? The projects encourage kids to think about nature's super powers and range from simple writing and art assignments, to research projects.
Amazing and Powerful Creatures
1. Watch this short video below to learn about the superpowers of nature all around us! Pick the creature you find most interesting and share why it is super. (5 tickets)
Problem Solvers - Did You Know?
1. Identify a problem that could be solved or something that could be improved upon if you could apply one of nature's amazing powers. (10 tickets)
2. Draw a picture of your invention or problem being solved to help people or the world. (25 tickets)
Inspiration from Nature
1. Research a scientist, inventor, mathematician, artist, religious person or technologist who used nature as their inspiration. Share the name and at least one interesting fact about how they were inspired or what the contributed to society. (10 tickets)
2. Build a prototype or conduct an experiment that relates to the work your STREAM icon’s work. (50 tickets)
Your Super Power
1. List a super power you wish you could possess? (5 tickets)
2. Draw a picture of you using this super power to do good for the world. (25 tickets)
All projects can be turned in at the STREAM table at pick-up and drop-off on Wednesday and Thursday 3/13 and 3/14.