COVID-19 COMMUNICATIONS WEBPAGE
St. Edward has developed a dedicated COVID-19 webpage to serve as a communication resource to our community. This page contains school reopening, travel advisories, mask requirements, school closure updates, our school closure guidelines, technology training materials for remote classroom learning in the event of a school closure, schedule changes and more.
COVID -19 PROTOCOLS IN 2021-2022
On July 12, the CDPH released its COVID-19 Public Health Guidelines for K – 12 Schools (includes TK) in 2021-2022 school year.
Updated 8/3/2021: The CDPH and OCHCA follow CDC Guidance for Schools. The Diocese follows the guidance of all 3 of these agencies. The CDC Guidance for Schools states face masks are to be worn indoors by individuals age 2 and older. Preschool is governed by the state licensing agency. We will post any updates as they become available.
Our School Plans for 2021-2022:
- Five day a week, full-day instruction (no change from 2020-2021)
- Pre-COVID model of instruction. Teachers may utilize small group instruction and specials will not be required to “push-in” to classrooms.
- Physical distancing restrictions will be relaxed. Class sizes are expected to be 24:1 in K and 26:1 in 1st – 8th.
- Resumption of school activities including assemblies, sports and after school enrichment classes.
- No desk shields
- Temperature checks in the classroom
- Students cohort by grade at recess and lunch (same as pre-COVID)
- Face coverings will not be necessary unless required by Diocesan, OCDE and/or CDPH guidelines.
- Day and overnight field trips, including the 8th grade East Coast DC trip.
- The Diocese will not require students to be COVID vaccinated unless and until the state public health agency requires students to be vaccinated in order to attend a public or private school.
- Parent volunteers will be allowed to work inside the school and in classrooms, provided they follow Diocesan volunteer guidelines.
- Good hygiene practices, HVAC air filtration system and electrostatic sanitizing device to be continued.