“As a former university administrator, it was apparent to me how well the school is run and the happiness of all the faculty/staff was clear. We also specifically liked the integration of music, art, religion and physical education in the Kindergarten curriculum. This well-rounded approach we feel is best to help our daughter to be well-rounded herself and considerate in our diverse world.”
Future 2019/2020 Kindergarten Parent
Choosing a kindergarten program can be overwhelming as, in many cases, it sets the path for where learners will continue their elementary educational journey. The Parish School at St. Edward the Confessor is one of the leading South Orange County Catholic schools. Our TYKE (Pre-K) and kindergarten programs combine small class sizes, hands-on learning, specialty classes like Art, Music & Spanish with a Catholic faith-filled environment.
WHAT SETS US APART
- 12:1 Student-to-Teacher Ratio
- Small Class Size – 24 Students Per Class with a Full-Time Instructional Aide
- Dynamic, Hands-On Reading & Writing Programs – Our professionally-trained Kindergarten team
uses Wilson Fundations® – an engaging, multi-sensory reading, spelling, handwriting and phonics
program that lays the groundwork for life-long literacy. They also use the acclaimed Writer’s
Workshop and Scott Foresman Reading Street programs to help put creative thoughts to paper.
- Specialty Classes – Weekly Spanish, Music, Library, PE and Art taught by a dedicated, single-subject
- Faith Development – Our Catholic faith is the core of what we do inside & outside the classroom.
Students learn about our faith through daily religion class, attend weekly Mass and participate in
stewardship activities and Prayer Partner buddies (4th Graders).